Saturday, January 1, 2011

Counting Progress, Shocking Results!

I haven't really kept count of the quilts I've made during the year. A few days ago I was trying to explain to a group of ladies about how I had a goal to make 12 quilts over the course of the year, and couldn't recall just how many I'd made.  I said, "I think I've surpassed that goal, but I don't really know."  So, I decided to sit down and count.
Here is the list of fully finished quilts;
Completed Full Size; 5
Brown Garden Blocks
Dresden Nine Patch
Stained Glass
Stick Straight
Hole in One Commission

Completed Twin or Personal Size;9
Christmas Footie
All Boy
Flower Girl
Red Rag QAYG Footie
Ryan's Footie
Cross Group Project
Bubble Forest
Christmas Pinwheels
Blue QAYG

Completed Baby Quilts (from stroller to crib size);5
Sawyer
Elephant Parade
Peyton
Puppy Love
Blueberries and Creamsicles

Can you believe it?  20 quilts!  In my very first year of quilting.  I was shocked!  And now I understand why I've felt so tired and busy. But I'm okay with it.  Of course, this does not include all of the other sewing projects that weren't necessarily quilts, but might still be quilted in some way.  It's been fun, but I think I'll take next year a little slower, and boy am I proud of how far I've come.  I am especially proud of my husband who has been so supportive and loving about the whole thing even though others just rolled their eyes at my extreme goal.  With him, no goal is too great, no dream too far fetched.  Thanks for letting me dream big and for sharing the journey with me!

P.S.  I realized some of these haven't been posted.  I will correct that, and link to each of them soon.
***Update, some new bits have been posted.  There are still seven finished quilts that have not been posted.  If you are counting, yes that is 1 more than the 20 listed.  I've put together 2 or 3 new tops and have one more finished quilt since this list went up.  Don't worry, my 'resolution' for 2011 is to slow down...sort of.***

No comments:

Post a Comment