Friday, December 31, 2010

All Girl

 A Christmas Quilt for my youngest niece.  She's very girlie and pink is her favorite color.  She loves clothing and dolls and playing dress up.  Almost every time I see her she asks me if I'm going to make her a quilt.  I made a dress for her birthday and she said, now I need a blanket.  She's five.  So, I decided Christmas was the time to make her a quilt. We called it Flower Girl, it suits her.

It is quilted with flowers.
 
 It is pink and flowery and has little purple hearts for the binding.

Like I said...pink and flowery, with just enough contrast to grow with her...hopefully.
She had the MOST surprised and precious face when she opened this.   It was the scrunched kind of face that in pictures looks really upset because you are saying "awe, I love it!" and you have that kind of frowny mouth...does that make sense?  Well, I have a picture of me making that face opening gifts...and she did it too.  It was so cute.  She said, "I've always wanted a flower quilt!"

No comments:

Post a Comment