Thursday, April 28, 2011

Something pretty just for me

So a month or two ago I found this great top on "sale" at JCPenney. *This is not a paid advertisement, they have no idea who I am, I just need you to have a reference for what I'm dealing with and they don't let you copy pictures from the website.*  I wanted it in a deep purple, but they only had a yellow or the "Royal Blue", which is more like a blueish lavender.  So I got the lavender top.  I just knew it would be perfect for Easter.  However, it requires a camisole or some other type of clothing underneath as it is completely sheer, and lowcut, and has REALLY big arm holes. Oh, and I say "sale" as it was the same price for 3 months, which was marginally less than the quoted original price, but not anything near where it's listed now.


Anyway, I needed a camisole , but wanted something prettier than the plain numbers in my drawer, so I decided to use my splurge fabric.  I found this fabric at Wal-Mart for $5.94/yd which is far more than I prefer to spend.  It's a high quality line that I've used before, so I splurged and bought 1 yard.  Roll your eyes, I know.
 It turned into this lovely little tank.  I didn't have a pattern, just used an existing cami to eyeball the size.  Then had my husband help me measure for the straps. It is quilting weight cotton, so it's quite sturdy, and doesn't have the give of a regular camisole.  It's not perfect, but it fits me pretty well, as long as I don't grow.

This is the back.  It's pretty simple really.

And here it is under the blouse.  See what I mean about the low neck and HUGE armholes?


Even with the new tank I felt quite exposed, but it worked beautifully.
This is on the body, which doesn't look quite as bizarre as on the hanger.
I have to say, I'm quite proud of this endeavor.  I imagine I will be wearing this little tank quite a bit.  Oh, and I'm not usually a print gal when it comes to my clothes, so this is very out of the box for me, but I love it!










1 comment:

  1. Very pretty Amanda and creative as usual!!!

    :D

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete