Friday, April 22, 2011

Decorations

 Easter is very important at our house.  We believe it is just as (if not more) important than Christmas.  Not for the eggs and candy, but for the message which is the real treasure.  We couldn't have the resurrection without the birth, but the resurrection is what makes the birth so significant.
I don't usually decorate, but this year I decided to pull some things out that we had stashed away.  It's more SPRING than Easter, but it's what we had on hand.
 This is our table.  Some lovely egg trays with ceramic eggs yet to be painted. 
And some cute little ceramic birds in a looking glass(a glass salad bowl turned upside down).

And then there is this little lovely.  I've had her since I was a little girl.  It's a sock bunny!  I don't know who made this for me, but I love her floppy little ears and yellow pindot dress with eyelet lace.  We found her hidden away in a closet with some other childhood treasures.  I decided spring was a great time to let her have a spot in the front room.




2 comments: