Monday, April 25, 2011

So this happened

 What is this you ask?  Well, it's a brand new bag of sugar that fell off my counter onto my clean floor and busted open just as I was about to transfer it to it's appropriate container.  And yes, I was barefooted.  I am always sans shoes at home.  Sugar on bare feet is uncomfortable!  It was a horrible mess, at least half the bag went out onto the floor. 
Note: The Dyson Vacuum works wonders. 



On a happier note;
I made pork chops for the very first time.  No recipe, just wanted a 'mom' meal(something my mom made for us growing up that I haven't had in forever).  I have to say it turned out awesome, and even my husband who doesn't care for pork loved it!  He also informed me I had confused his digestive system at creating such a complete meal on any day/time other than Sunday lunch.  Usually I make one trick meals...where most everything is in one dish.  This was a HUGE treat for us in the middle of the week. Yay me.  He even said I could fix it again; not very often, but again.
How I made it;
*Ingredients;
Pork Chops, no bone, slightly tenderized.  I got the really thin ones. 
1c. flour
1-2 eggs slightly beaten
1-2Tbsp. Lawry's seasoned salt
1tsp. ground black pepper
1/2-1tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4-1/2c. vegetable oil

Mix dry ingredients really well.  Dip chops into egg, then dry mix.  Cook in hot oil on stove for 6-8 minutes per side.  Serve with spinach salad, green beans, and black eyed peas.  If you wanna. :)
They still needed a knife to cut, but they weren't too tough to chew.  I think I'll tenderize a bit more next time.


* The package of chops I bought came with 5 in the pack.  Adjust ingredients according to how many chops you are fixing.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy!!

    I want a dyson, but Jere said one room with carpet was not enough carpet to qualify for a 500 dollar vacuum :D

    :D

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...good point. Well, it was a gift, and I would usually be opposed to buying such an expensive one, but it's amazing. I hope it never breaks, but if it does; not only do I know someone who repairs them(my dad) but I know it's worth the money to buy a new one! We use it on every surface in our house; carpet, hard wood, tile, even the furniture! Ryan's had it for about 5 years and it still works really well! We've never had to take it in for repairs...so far, and have only had to buy one new filter for it because you just take them out and clean them.

    ReplyDelete