- Make sure you start at least the day before. Put your chicken, pineapple with juice, orange juice, and lemon juice into 1 gallon freezer zip close bag.
- Let this marinate in the refrigerator for no less than 24 hrs, preferably 30 hrs.
- Pour entire mixture into glass casserole. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool a few minutes until you can handle chicken. Or just use tongs.
- Put chicken pieces into food processor (if some pineapple bits get in the mix it's fine, but don't pour in the pineapple.) Try to get as little pineapple as possible into the food processor. Chop until you have a fine shred (looks kind of like half mashed potatoes.)
- Once all chicken is processed, mix in cheese, peppers, and sour cream.
- Spoon mixture into tortillas and roll. Place in greased casserole dish until full. (Usually a large casserole holds 10-12 enchiladas. (1 lb. chicken will make 10-12 enchiladas)
- Finish rolling all enchiladas. Spoon enchilada sauce over the top of all enchiladas and bake again at 350 for 20-30 minutes.
Sunday, July 4, 2010
Chicken Enchiladas that say I love you!
Ingredients; 1-2lbs. chicken tenders, 1 can crushed pineapple in it's own juice, 1-2c. orange juice (or 2 large oranges), 1/4-1/2c. lemon juice, 10-20 flour tortillas, 4-8 oz. sour cream, 1-2c. shredded cheese, 1/2c. chopped green chilis (use chopped jalapenos for more heat), 1 can Hatch green enchilada sauce