1 head of romaine lettuce roughly chopped (or 1 bag of Hearts of Romaine)
1 can black beans drained and heated through
1c. sweet corn(preferably frozen)
2-3 handfuls pre cooked chicken fajita meat (comes frozen in a bag, can also make from scratch)
1/4c. shredded cheese
peppercorn ranch dressing
honey mustard dressing
- If using the convenient pre-cooked meat(which is REALY good), heat your meat in a skillet on low medium for about 10 minutes or until warm through. If you want to make your meat, use tenders and season with just a touch of salt, pepper, cumin or taco seasoning, and maybe a tiny splash of worcestershire sauce. And cook through.
- While meat is cooking, in separate sauce pans heat drained black beans and corn. Do this in separate pans or the corn takes on some of the bean juice and turns a wierd grayish tint. It still tastes fine, but isn't as appetizing to see on the plate.
- Set up your plates; Place a bed of lettuce, sprinkle corn and beans over it. Then lightly sprinkle with cheese. Next add your meat. Now drizzle lightly a little of each dressing. I use a butter knife dipped into the dressing to get a nice thin drizzle. This is not a drenched in dressing type of salad.
- My also make cheese quesadillas to serve on the side. This is how it comes @ the restaurant, but I don't do it at home because it's not necessary. May also put tortilla strips on top if desired for extra flavor and crunch.
- Serve and Enjoy! I always make the entire plate for each person, because you really need each component to get the best flavor, and if you let them choose they won't use all 3 dressings. There is no rule that says you can only use one. :)