Sunday, July 10, 2011

Best Biscuits Ever!

So...I had a hankering for some biscuits from Cracker Barrel, but getting them wasn't feasible. What to do?...make my own!  And...they are amazing!  Since I love them so much I immediately wrote it down, and then thought I should be nice and share it with you.

Ingredients;
2c. all purpose flour
3tsp. baking powder
1tsp. salt
1-2 tsp. granulated sugar
6Tbsp. butter (room temp)
3/4c. 2% milk

Mix dry ingredients together well with fork.  Then cut in the butter until crumbly and there are no really large chunks left.  Slowly stir in milk until just blended.  Do NOT over mix.  Do everything with a fork so you can feel that it is mixed.  Roll into rounds and place on greased baking sheet or baking stone.  Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.  You can bake slightly longer to brown, but they are fully cooked at 10min. Serve with butter and honey.  Makes about 12 medium biscuits or 16 small.

I WILL be making these again.  They are so easy and quick to make, and they taste better than any I've ever made.



No comments:

Post a Comment