Wednesday, June 22, 2011

by hand?

 a little hand stitching...
 This is a sneak peak for you of my stained glass quilt.  I decided to try my hand at some hand embroidery.  I got this little beauty finished and decided it didn't need anything else. 
 This is the back.  You can see I machine quilted a window pane with some straight lines, and then in the bottom left is the bright pink flower.
The back doesn't look so bad...especially for a first try, with no idea about how to do this!  I know several people who enjoy quilting by hand.  It seems like an overwhelming task to me...but I thought I would give it a try.  A very small try.  I like my tiny little try.  It may happen again, but I don't think I'll be hand quilting a whole quilt any time soon.
You'll see the finished quilt next week.





1 comment: