Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Words of Wisdom Wednesday

Last night I was watching a television show, and the message was profound;

It is much easier to let hate into your heart than it is to grieve the event which has caused you discontentment. However, it is much healthier for not only you, but everyone around you, to allow yourself time to grieve and learn to love again.

I don't feel like I'm in need of grieving anything in particular right now that would otherwise cause me to be hate-filled and resentful, but that message was shouting at my heart.  I may not feel like it's something I need today, but I know it is a lesson I need to remember always. It really is easier to say an unkind word or think an unkind thought, to be snarky or rude, to hold a grudge rather than forgive, but I know it isn't better.

Sometimes we don't even realize we are being hateful, it just kind of creeps into our thoughts, words, and deeds.  I think losing respect for someone if they've done something hurtful to you, or losing love through a break-up or death are the easiest things we can see in our lives as reasons to be on our toes about letting hate in.


So today your challenge is this: Choose to grieve.  Choose forgiveness. Choose to be filled with love, even when it is difficult, but most of all, do not choose hate.




No comments:

Post a Comment