Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Heirlooms

Check out this beauty.



Please ignore my oh so red hands, unkempt nails, and the poor picture quality(cell phone quick-snap).
But just look at that ring!
Until last week it belonged to my grandmother for the last 40 years or so. Someone made it for her when they were selling jewelry in the lobby of the hotel where she worked.  She has ALWAYS worn that ring, but lately I haven't seen it around much.  Her Alzheimer's is getting worse, so I just assumed she put it somewhere and forgot about it.  I've told her on numerous occasions that she couldn't ever get rid of it because it was just so unique and pretty. Then last weekend she gave it to me.  She said she couldn't wear it anymore and didn't want it to get lost.
Wow.
I was pretty surprised. but I'm thrilled to have something that she treasured so much and for so long. It is the best gift she's ever given me.
I will treasure it.
 
Do you have any family heirlooms you love?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment