Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bathtime Blunders

So...I decided a bubble bath with a good book would be a great idea, I was in for several surprises.  First;Before filling the tub I took the pillow off because I noticed a smell. Then I learned my bath pillow has decided to retain water even though it's supposed to be waterproof.  I realized this when I started to take the ever so icky cover off to wash(which was washed only 1 week ago) and water squished out of the inner pillow(I haven't used the bathtub in 4 or 5 days).  Gross. My pillow has been holding dirty bath water for 4 or 5 days. No wonder it smells. 
Second; After getting in the bath, I leaned back to no pillow and banged my head on the tile...I forgot just how hard and cold the back of the tub was.
Third; After about 2 minutes in the bath I realized the water was not anywhere near as warm as it should have been, so I turned on the tap, to find much colder water.  I sat in cold sudsy water trying to figure out what to do.  Finally my husband heard my cry for help and started the shower to try and get the hot water flowing.  He wisely advised me to let some water out of the tub so the new hot water would not overflow.  I did.  After far too long, we decided the shower water wouldn't get any hotter, and tried it anyway.  It was colder than before.
Fourth; While figuring out the water situation with the shower running, I grabbed my glass of water.  After a nice big gulp I set the cup down and thought that it didn't taste quite right.  I looked at the cup, the BRIGHT YELLOW cup, that is ONLY to be used for bath water.  I drank bath water.  It was disgusting!  I cringed, then laughed, and my husband laughed and emptied the bathwater cup, which looks nothing like the clear glass of water I brought in to drink...sitting on the opposite end of the tub.  He left, and I was sitting in an almost empty tub of cold bubbly water with the taste of bathwater in my mouth.  I thought I could tough it out.  I really wanted to read my book.  So, I tried to relax anyway.
Fifth; After about 15 minutes I couldn't stand it.  We tried the shower trick again, and it was a little better.  So, I filled the tub as full as it would go and it was reasonably warm.  Well...that's what I told myself.  Really it was only marginally warmer than the previous try, but it was warm enough to stay in for a little longer.  Then after about 20 minutes of reading.  We finally had HOT water....I opted for the shower this time because I was tired of wasting water.  Then I realized we'd been running the dishwasher and washing machine on hot water during the whole fiasco.

I'll be more careful next time I decide to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment