Saturday, November 19, 2011

More Change


Still looking at some changes I made when I had that crazy influx of energy.
This is the garage floor.  I know it doesn't look like much, but trust me...it's HUGE!  Before there was a stack of boxes and junk at least waist high...some of it shoulder high(for me).  Now, there is FLOOR!  How awsome is that? Very.  Yes there are still some things in the floor to be trashed or put away, but the majority is all put away or in the dump by now.


This is the new shelf Ryan put together for me.  It probably looks quite messy to most people, but it's a huge step up from where we were.  On the top is our basket o' tissue paper, and paper towels.  I save every piece of salvagable tissue paper I get and reuse it all through the year.  It was almost 3 years before I had to buy any new tissue paper...do you know how much that saved me?  I don't, but I know it's a lot because we have a LOT of birthdays and gift giving occasions in our family and I tend to bag better than wrap. 

The second shelf has grocery bags and gift bags.  The third shelf holds small kitchen appliances and holiday deocrations.  The fourth shelf is our picnic basket and extra boxes for gift wrapping. The bottom which is actually the floor space under the fourth shelf holds our fryer, and some other miscellaneous items that don't have a home.  You can't see them right now because there is a new back of tissue paper blocking the way.  It has now made it's way to the proper basket instead of the floor.

Having this new system has been very helpful, and I would like to eventually have the garage lined with these shelves instead of miscellaneous large pieces of furniture.
We'll see, maybe in 3 more years I'll get there.



No comments:

Post a Comment