Friday, March 19, 2010

Looking back at The List

Accomplishing Goals; I decided we needed an update to the list from the beginning of the year so here it is. As of 3/19/10
  1. Hunting; This hasn't happened, and I'm kind of sad because I'd like some meat, but I'm okay with it because I don't wake that early for anybody!
  2. Bra fitting; No money equals no shopping.
  3. Pedicure; Waiting for true sandal weather-like consistent days of hotness.
  4. Traditional Quilting; I've learned some traditional patterns, but have started drifting to more modern practices.
  5. Regular Cooking; I now cook at least 4 to 5 times per week with leftovers on the other nights.
  6. Teaching my husband to cook; He literally laughed in my face, but he's gotten more curious about what/how I'm making new things....so it's still possible.
  7. Sell a painting; Very difficult because I am attached to my work. We'll see if any commissions come up.
  8. Lobster; Not yet...eating out doesn't happen much right now.
  9. Water Aerobics; My husband laughs at my knee length shorts I wear over my bathing suit and I'm not brave enough to wear a swimsuit in front of people without them...so this hasn't happened.
  10. Gray; I'm embracing...most days. There have been a few where I wanted to grab a bottle of color, but mostly I'm telling myself it's okay.
  11. Acupuncture; Still waiting to make this happen.
  12. Re-trying food; I've come back to cabbage, carrots, peas, hominy, olives, stewed tomatoes, and frozen green beans. Some I still don't like, but I'm trying.
  13. Quilts; I've completely finished three, and have 3 in progress. Half way there.
  14. Being Creative Daily; I don't have much proof, but I do make lots of little sketches and lists of ideas.
  15. Guitar; working on getting one first, then we'll learn.
  16. Artistic Encouragement; this is an ongoing thing between me and my mother.
  17. Concealed; This is still on the table because I know I won't carry.
  18. Camping; My husband's a city boy...and we both love our amenities.
  19. Old projects; I have not tackled this yet.
  20. Blog It; Well, I've blogged, but not regularly. I just hate not always having the pictures, so I'll try to be better.

I think that even though I don't have as much done as I'd hoped on some things, I'm further on others. Like I said originally this isn't a have to list, it's try to and it's all about learning and making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment